Winter Wreath

I always feel a little sad taking down the Christmas decorations. The house always seems empty. This year I decided to make a winter wreath to hang up when I took the Christmas wreath down. 


I was inspired by this wreath. I followed the decorations for finger knitting, and finger knit an entire skein of fluffy blue yarn. Then I wrapped it around a wire wreath frame.   
 After I finished wrapping the wreath I decided it needed a little more sparkle. I had just a little bit of this blue yarn with a silver thread running through it. I crocheted a square and wrapped it around part of the wreath.


The blues go together nicely and I like the sparkle that it adds


I also reused the flower that was on the Christmas wreath that I made. And here's how it looks on my front door.


14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and perfect winter wreath! I love it! So warm and soft looking, just like winter decor should be!!! Thank you SO much for sharing at Happy Hour!
    Jaime from Crafty Scrappy Happy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever and unique idea for a wreath! It's just beautiful!

    The French Hens Nest has joined you and hope you join us back!

    Happy New Year from Jeannie and Linda @ The French Hens Nest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the wreath Julie! It looks so nubby and soft! :) Newest follower!

    - April Hoff
    housebyhoff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great texture!! And I love that it's so neutral!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute and clever! You did a great job. I am hosting SHOW-licious Craft Showcase if you would like to participate! :)

    http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/2013/01/saturday-show-licious-craft-showcase-14.html

    Happy New Year,
    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks warm and comfy enough to snuggle with! Thanks for linking to my link party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cozy-looking! Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy! Thank you! And thanks for hosting the link-up :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting! I appreciate each one.

I try to respond to each comment, either by email or here on the blog.